Before we talk about Eco whisper wind turbine, let us give an overview of conventional turbines:
A wind turbine or a windmill has been around since 500 B.C and it has evolved on a humongous scale.
The first bladed windmill was designed and used in 1000 A.D, from then till now, we are harness the wind energy into electrical energy using modern and more sophisticated turbines with conventional three blades.
The major issue with conventional turbines is noise pollution.
A normal 20kv wind turbine can produce more than 80 decibels of noise which falls under the category of pollution, hence comes the Eco whisper wind Turbine or whisper on the wind.
Eco Whisper wind turbine
Australian designed, manufactured and patented, the eco whisper wind turbine is different than its conventional sibling “ TURBINE” which has 3 blades and it eliminates the noise pollution hence its name.
The shape of the eco whisper wind turbine is like a rim of a car wheel with multiple rims and each rim is extremely strong and flexible.
According to AG innovator organization
“Brisbane-based renewable energy solution Australia (RESA) designer and manufacturer successfully completed a commercial installation of eco whisper wind turbine Tullamarine, Victoria after the struggle of two year’s development and testing.
Since its launch in October 2011, the whisper-quiet wind turbine has garnered substantial interest.
A finalist in the 2011 Australian Cleantech Awards, it picked up the 2012 Queensland Premier’s Sustainability Award for Innovation in Technology and was the recipient of a $250,000 commercialization grant from the Australian Government.”
Unlike the horizontal-axis turbine (HAWT), an eco whisper turbine has an incredible 30-blade radio-style design that absorbs the noise and vibrates it to the earth through the shaft.
It will operate in low wind conditions. The hinged pole design makes it flexible in high wind situation with the addition to both the mechanical and aerodynamic braking system.
Power rating and efficiency
- The turbine can generate up to 45,000 kilowatts hours (KWH) and 11,250kWh of power respectively.
- The actual output depends upon the frequency and speed, but we can safely say that those are the estimated values.
- The two sizes that are available are capable to produce 20kw and 5kw respectively (peak rating).
Eco Whisper wind turbine 650
Eco Whisper wind turbine 325
|· 20 km peak rating|
· 6.5m blade diameter
· 21.1m high
|· 5 kW peak rating|
· 3.25 blade diameter
· 19.6m high
- The silent operation which eliminates the “NOISE POLLUTION”
- Eco Whisper turbine will produce more 30% efficiency than a conventional wind turbine
- Can operate at lower wind speeds.
- Emergency braking system and erecting function
According to the manufactures of eco whisper wind turbine in Australia
“The Eco Whisper Turbine is designed to offset medium to large energy requirements for:
- Commercial, manufacturing and industrial sites Airports, ports, mining resource facilities, council sites, and industrial development sites
- Urban development sites Shopping centers, industrial parks, schools, universities and more
- Agricultural/rural sites On and off-grid application with a focus on remote communities and diesel replacement”
Further, you can check this site.
- Horizontal axis turbine
- Noise-free operation
- Generator with volt logic inverter
- Lightweight structure
- 30-blades extended outwards
- Hydraulic lift pole design
- 2 sizes available
The future of wind energy
Human minds are evolving so our imagination, World is moving fast with modern, efficient and renewable technology, the eco whisper turbine is futuristic yet very simple to understand.
This not so cheap renewable energy device can eliminate the most annoying pollution which noise pollution simultaneously producing 30% more power than conventional turbines.
Eco Whisper wind turbine is a step forward to renewable and transparent future.